Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ask Me Stuff?

I've opened a new website so my friends/clients/readers/potential clients/new photographers/etc. can ask me questions! I used to have Formspring, but thought this was a fun way to start fresh. So, if you have any questions or comments, write away! http://ask.fm/taylorrebeccaa


  1. Hi Taylor, I'm working on improving my photography skills. I was wondering if the beautiful vintage watery effect you have in the photo above is from settings on your camera or do you need good photo editing software to achieve this? If software, what would you recommend for a beginner photographer? Something not too complicated but still able to produce nice effects. Hopefully not too expensive either. thanks, Wendy

  2. Hi Wendy! Haha funny story, that effect above is from Instagram! I forget what filter I used exactly, but it was one of them! I do use a vintage effect sometimes that I create myself in Lightroom (about a $300 editing program). However, if you want a free place to try out some effects, try using the new Picnik.com site in Google Plus. All you have to do is make an account, then upload your photo, then edit it using the Picnik software that's already on the site! (Try googling this is I'm making it too confusing)... They have a 60s filter, cinemascope filter, lythogram... and you can adjust each one to make it as strong or light as you want it. Before I had Lightroom I used Picnik to do all of my editing! Hope this helps.

    Taylor :)